Many of the students have asked questions relating to duplicate certificates of CBSE in comments and by messaging us.
If you have lost your original certificates of CBSE, whether it is a Certificate of Marks, Passing Certificate or the certificate of Date of Birth, then you can get another one from CBSE by following the given procedure.
Procedure for Obtaining the Duplicate Certificates -
1. For each of the required certificates, download the application form from CBSE’s website. Link to which is given here -> DOWNLOAD
(So if you want Certificate of passing and Statement of Marks in duplciate, you need to submit two of the above application forms)
2. If you are requesting a duplicate copy of a Qualifying Certificate then you also need to a file an affidavit of Rs 10 on a non-judicial stamp paper. The specimen of which is given in the form above. This affidavit must be attested by a First Class Magistrate or a Notary Public.
3. A draft for press notification of the loss of your certificates is also given in the form. You can publish this in a newspaper to inform the public as to the loss of certificates. A copy of the press clipping can be attached to the application form.
4. File the application form along with fees as per the details given below in this post to
In case of examination year up to 2002 – Dy. Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Todarmal Marg, Ajmer (Rajasthan)
In case of examination year after 2002 – Your concerned Regional Office, the address and number of which is mentioned in the application form above.
Note – If you belong in the Chennai Region and the examination year is after 1991, you have to apply to Chennai Regional Office Only.
5. Receive the documents within about 15 days (excluding holidays).
Fees for Obtaining the Duplicate Certificates -
1. For duplicate copy of a certificate – Rs. 50
2. For a migration Certificate – Rs. 50
3. For certificate of Date of Birth – Rs. 50
4. For a Provisional Certificate – Rs. 50
5. For duplicate copy of Statement of Marks – Rs. 50
6. If certificate is required withing 2 days (excluding holidays) an additional fees of Rs. 50 is required.
7. For certificates required by post – Rs. 20 (for local candidates) or Rs. 30 (for outstation candidates)